Recently, Opera Mobile Store announced a broad portfolio of promotional options for developers to take advantage of its distribution power to 40 million unique monthly users. The Opera Mobile Store is available through Opera Software’s flagship Opera Mini and Opera Mobile browsers and has proven content distribution in some of the world’s fastest-growing mobile markets, including India, Russia, Brazil, Indonesia and South Africa.
The promotional options launched by the Opera Mobile Store are:
- Opera Mobile Store sponsored product listings: Sponsored product listings on the homepage as well as major content categories
- Opera Mobile Store featured app banners: Rich graphical ad units showcasing developer apps
- Smart Page: Browser launch-page banners available in the new Opera Mini 7
- Smart text banners: Contextually-relevant app promotions within Opera’s new smart content aggregation service, available in Opera Mini 7
- App of the Week promotions on Opera’s Facebook and Twitter pages, targeted by region
Opera recently launched a self-service app promotion portal, where developers can bid for customer downloads. Opera’s pay-per-download (PPD) platform enables robust targeting by region, platform, handset and more. Developers can drive an incremental 200,000 or more highly-targeted downloads daily, greatly accelerating their growth and customer reach.
NewsHunt, the largest news application on mobile phones, across Android, Java, Symbian, IOS and other platforms, with more than 6 million monthly unique users and close to 500 million monthly page views, has seen millions of downloads since working with Opera Mobile Store on app promotions. Virendra Gupta, CEO of Ver Se Innovation Pvt. Ltd., which runs Newshunt said,”We have used Opera’s multiple app promotion channels with great success. Opera has been a major catalyst in our growth in Asia,” says Virendra Gupta, CEO of Ver Se Innovation Pvt. Ltd.”
Since Opera has a strong presence in CIS, developers in Russia have also benefited from the Opera Mobile Store’s reach in promoting mobile apps. To take advantage of Opera Mobile Store distribution, developers can go to http://publishers.mobilestore.opera.com/. Here they can upload apps and use the self-service advertising portal to get started.Pin It